Friday, September 27, 2013

A new week

So last week was interesting.
My 5 year old decided on his first day of school that he was done and going home.  He was tired and not interested in doing what he was told to do.  He threatened to burn the school down and left. No one was happy that day. Not me, not his dad, not his teacher or principal, and not his class; and certainly not him. First day and we're called into the principal's office. Sigh.
This set a pattern for a crappy day.
I was late for class, and my equilibrium was thrown for the entire day.  Could not shake this pattern to save my life.
And I was angry.  Angry at him, at the teachers, angry at his dad and angry at me.  What environment creates a five year old who threatens his school and teachers? What kind of mother does that?

No comments:

Post a Comment