Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How I got here(the abridged version)

If you had told me 5 years ago that I’d be living anywhere else, I would have snorted derisively at you.
 I was stuck.  Trapped even.  In a marriage, on an acreage with my kids. Trapped into thinking that how’s I needed to live. It was a tightly wound life I was living. Slowly, and then with gathering speed, it began to unravel.  I left my marriage. 

I started to plan the next step.  Trying to decipher how I was going to support my family.  No real education and many years at home.  Only a few years in the workforce.
I discovered the Professional Communications course at MacEwan. I was instantly drawn to it.  How to do it though? I was stuck on this acreage which I couldn’t afford to leave, when suddenly that door opened as well. Last obstacle: how was I going to afford this? A new job solved that problem.
And so here I am.  I’m a mature student.  I have children.  I’m hoping to have a part-time job. I have a house.  All of these things require my time, energy and attention. This blog will document my life as I play all these roles.  I will try to be honest, but here are somethings I will not share here. This is for posterity.  For future me.  For my children. I will fall, I’ll include these falls. I hope there will be more success though than fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment